On Sunday, October 27th, Angels Gate Cultural Center (AGCC) proudly presents an afternoon of HOWLing fun and frightfully SCARY STORIES. There will be live music, art workshops for kids, a scavenger hunt, contests, and spellbinding tales at Scary Stories. The galleries will feature work by Michele Mártinez with the Exceptional Children's Foundation, AGCC Studio Artists and a curated show by Stacey Wexler. The Project Space will feature new interviews and work by Fabian Debora, Narsiso Martinez and other emerging Los Angeles artists.
HOWL will start at 4:00pm, and Scary Stories at 6:30pm.
The gallery will be open from 4:00-5:00pm
HOWL & Gallery Opening:
- Printmaking and ceramic workshops for all ages.
- Dancing with People's Place. People's Place in San Pedro will offer free THRILLER dance lessons to prep for HOWL. Every Wednesday from Oct. 2 - 23. Call 310-547-2348 for details.
- Live music with The Low Key Band.
- Be sure you come ready to compete! Judges will award prizes for costumes in the following categories: scariest, funniest and most creative.
- Go on the haunted scavenger hunt if you dare, and learn more about old Fort MacArthur and Angels Gate Cultural Center.
- Food trucks.
- Free and open to the public.
- Gather around a bonfire and listen to classic and contemporary Scary Stories produced and directed by Melanie Jones with Heather Handwerk, John Charles Meyer, and Cathy Skubik. So rich is the literature of horror that, in eleven years, no story has been repeated. Fresh frights await you!
- Suitable for young and old, living and . . . . shhh! Dress warmly so you don't get the shivers!
- Admission to Scary Stories is $5. Children 10 and under - free. Picnics welcome. Bring your own seating or rent chairs on-site ($2 chair rentals).
Angels Gate Cultural Center at 310-519-0936.