On Sunday October 28th, Angels Gate Cultural Center proudly presents an afternoon of HOWLing fun and frightfully SCARY STORIES. There will be live music, art workshops for kids, a scavenger hunt, contests, and spellbinding tales at Scary Stories. The Main Gallery will feature work by Deanna Erdmann and an exhibit curated by Tim Christian. The Community Gallery will hold work by Kimiko Miyoshi, and the Project Space will have an opening reception introducing new work by Melise Mestayer.
HOWL will start at 3:00pm, and Scary Stories at 6:30pm.
The gallery will be open from 3:00-6:00pm
HOWL & Gallery Opening:
- Printmaking, yarn-bombing, and ceramic workshops for all ages.
- Be sure you and your pumpkin come ready to compete! Judges will award prizes for costumes and pumpkins in the following categories: scariest, funniest, and most creative.
- Go on the haunted scavenger hunt if you dare, and learn more about old Fort MacArthur and Angels Gate Cultural Center.
- Live music by The Cruisers
- Learn Thriller at a dance workshop led by People's Place! No experience necessary; we'll teach you everything you need to thrill the night.
- Free and open to the public.
- Gather around a bonfire and listen to classic and contemporary Scary Stories produced and directed by Melanie Jones with Heather Handwerk, Cathy Skubik, and Timothy McNeil with Ken Dommer as the firemaster. So rich is the literature of horror that, in ten years, no story has been repeated. Fresh frights await you!
- Suitable for young and old, living and . . . . shhh! Dress warmly so you don't get the shivers!
- Admission to Scary Stories is $5. Children 6 and under - free. Picnics welcome. Bring your own seating or rent chairs on-site.
Angels Gate Cultural Center at 310-519-0936.