Multidisciplinary Arts Intern
ABOUT ANGELS GATE CULTURAL CENTER
Angels Gate Cultural Center is a place that unites art, community and culture through creative discovery, exploration and enlightenment. Angels Gate Cultural Center brings art and culture to the community through interactive classes; gallery exhibits of both local and international artists, professional artists' studios, art education programs in the schools and cultural events.
The Multi-disciplinary Arts Intern will implement summer education in the gallery for the general public, work on planning our annual Halloween community arts festival and work with the Director of Visual Arts to organize an exhibition at Angels Gate Cultural Center's Studio Artists. Our Halloween event consists of films, the gallery opening, art and craft workshops, performance art happenings, pumpkin and costume contests, a scavenger hunt, and a reading of Scary Stories by Melanie Jones.
This is a fulltime (40 hours per week) paid, 10 week internship that is funded by the Los Angeles County Arts Commission. For eligibility requirement, please review their website at www.lacountyarts.org/internstudents.html BEFORE submitting an application.
- Working with the Director of Visual Arts and other staff to plan the annual Halloween event including collateral, time line for publicity, and research.
- Contribute HOWL content to social media outlets [ i.e. Facebook, Twitter, on-line calendars] and develop timeline for implementation.
- Research relevant community partners for dance, music and workshops for HOWL.
- Assist Director of Visual Arts to organize small exhibition of Studio Artists work in the Community Room and Reception area of the Gallery.
- General office support and administrative duties including answering phones, assisting with office filing, mail, and hospitality support during special events.
- Intern will be required to provide status updates on a weekly basis.
- An enthusiasm for the arts and a passion for bringing high quality performing arts to an underserved area.
- Some experience or knowledge of arts programming, public relations and marketing is preferred.
- Knowledge of Mac computers
- Knowledge of MS Office, including Excel and Word.
- A familiarity with online social media tools.
- Professional demeanor
- Solid understanding of basic marketing concepts and processes including advertising, promotions, community relations, PR, outreach, and internet marketing
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to problem-solve independently and collaborate with others
- Reliable form of transportation is required, as the Angels Gate Cultural Center is not easily accessible via public transportation. Note: Since the Angels Gate Cultural Center is a former military base and historic site accessibility in some areas is a challenge.
Angels Gate Cultural Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.